Well, well, well… Where do I even start?!
I’ve been using Gel Polish for over two years, and I always get it done with the same Nail Technician, the one and only, Nadia!
But because of everything that happened this year, as soon as it was announced the possibility of quarantine here in Dubai, I got it removed and went “au naturel”, which I kept for around five months.
My nails weren’t damaged or anything like that, but just as before I started with the gelish, I had a hard time growing it and that’s why I went on the hunt for products that would help with its strength and to grow it faster, because come on… I was already so used to have beautiful and long nails ☺️
Miracle Nail Thickener
Claims: “Nails up to 70% thicker in just 4 days”, which is a big claim!
- How to use it: As instructed I applied one coat on my bare nails for 4 days in a roll and after that I used it as base coat before applying regular nail polish.
I used it, in total, for 30 days and it definitely worked, it kind of creates an extra layer of protection, and I say that because, look… at home, I do everything myself, wash, clean, iron, you name it, I most likely do it. And every time I did something that accidentally got it bent in a way that made me think: “Ughhh, now it’s broken!”, the answer was always “Nope!”, the extra layer was the one that got cracked, so yeah… I wouldn’t go as far as saying it’s a “miracle” but it surely helped it getting stronger and finally a little bit longer.
- Where to buy: Amazon UAE
- Price: I purchased it for around AED 30, by the end of July/20, and now is AED 80 😵
- Ingredients List: ETHYL ACETATE, ACRYLATES COPOLYMER, BUTYL ACETATE, NITROCELLULOSE, BUTYLPHTHALIMIDE, ISOPROPYLPHTHALIMIDE, ISOPROPYL ALCOHOL, BENZOPHENONE-1, ADIPIC ACID/NEOPENTYL GLYCOL/TRIMELLITIC ANHYDRIDE COPOLYMER, AQUA/WATER/EAU, CALCIUM PANTOTHENATE, CITRIC ACID, ETHYL TOSYLAMIDE, ETOCRYLENE, KAOLIN, STEARALKONIUM BENTONITE, STEARALKONIUM HECTORITE, SUCROSE ACETATE ISOBUTYRATE, TOSYLAMIDE/EPOXY RESIN, TRIMETHYL PENTANYL DIISOBUTYRATE, TRIPHENYL PHOSPHATE, D&C VIOLET NO. 2 (CI 60725). (source: Sally Hansen’s website)
NailGrowth Miracle Serum
Claims: “Up to 59% longer nails in 2 weeks and smoother cuticles”, once again… huge claim!
How to use it: As instructed, once a day, which I choose to do it every night just before going to bed, I applied one drop on each nail/cuticle and massaged it. (** It can be used on bare nails or over nail polish.)
I’m still using it and I enjoy it. I would say I’ve noticed a tiny bit of a difference when it comes to nail growth, it surely didn’t get my nails miraculously longer than it would normally get without the extra help, just slightly longer, but what actually got me was that it does make my cuticles feel a lot softer and, because its a serum, it absorbs very quickly into the skin and it doesn’t get my hands all greasy, so I’ll most likely keep repurchasing it.
- Where to buy: Amazon UAE
- Price: Once again I purchased it for around AED 40, end of July/20, and now is AED 78 😵
- Ingredients List: AQUA/WATER/EAU, GLYCERIN, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, METHYL GLUCETH-20, PHENOXYETHANOL, TRIETHANOLAMINE, CARBOMER, PHYTANTRIOL, BUTETH-3, PANTHENOL, DISODIUM EDTA, SODIUM BENZOTRIAZOLYL BUTYLPHENOL SULFONATE, BENZOPHENONE-4, ETHYLHEXYLGLYCERIN, XANTHAN GUM, DIPROPYLENE GLYCOL, GLYCERYL ACRYLATE/ACRYLIC ACID COPOLYMER, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, HYDROLYZED KERATIN, TRIBUTYL CITRATE, SODIUM SULFATE, LAURETH-3, POLYSORBATE 20, CITRIC ACID, HYDROXYETHYLCELLULOSE, TOCOPHEROL, POTASSIUM SORBATE, ACETYL DIPEPTIDE-1 CETYL ESTER, PALMARIA PALMATA EXTRACT, 1,2-HEXANEDIOL, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, SODIUM BENZOATE, ASCORBIC ACID, BENZOIC ACID, CITRUS LIMON (LEMON) PEEL OIL, METHYLPARABEN, MYRISTOYL PENTAPEPTIDE-17, PROPYLPARABEN, CYMBOPOGON SCHOENANTHUS OIL, RETINYL PALMITATE, FD&C YELLOW NO. 6 (CI 15985), D&C RED NO. 33 (CI 17200). (source: Sally Hansen’s website)
Check it out the Before and After 30 days of use:
I hope it was somewhat helpful.
See you on my next post, byeee!
Alana MKlein ♥